To pray is to change. Prayer is our spiritual breathe. Prayer is also our spiritual strength. One person put it as such, “When we work, we work…but when we pray, God works.” If that’s the case, shouldn’t we pay just a little bit more attention to our prayer life this year?
Matthew 6:9-13 says, “This, then, is how you should pray: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily break. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”
Let’s look at 6 things in this passage:
- Praise (Hallowed be your name): Jehovah Tsidkenu, Jehovah M’Kaddesh, Jehovah Shalom, Jehoavah Rophe, Jehovah Jireh, Johovah Nissi & Jehovah Rohi. So many reasons to give God all the praise…take your pick!
- Priorities (Your will be done): “Every choice you make, makes you!”
- Provision (Give us this day our daily bread)
- Pardon (Forgive us as we forgive others)
- Protection (Lead us not into temptation)
The Lord left us a model on what our Prayer Life should look like. If yours doesn’t quite match up, it’s ok…but you shouldn’t be satisfied on it staying there. God desires to have a deeper and closer relationship with you this year than ever before. Over these next 40 days of Prayer & Fasting, take some time to get alone and hear the voice of God for your life. I believe he has a divine word for each and every single one of us…but it all starts with living a PRAYER-DRIVEN LIFE.